The Big Ten Conference matchup begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be televised by the Big Ten Network.
University of Iowa officials considered postponing the game because of the inclement weather.
The Michigan State team made it to Iowa City Tuesday afternoon, but the University of Iowa cancelled classes today.
Some details about tonight, according to the Iowa athletic department:
· UI Athletic Department officials encourage fans who choose to attend the game to do so wisely vis-à-vis travel to and from Carver-Hawkeye Arena
· Fans who have a ticket to tonight’s game but choose to not attend are invited to use their Iowa-Michigan State game ticket for free admission to any of the Hawkeyes’ remaining four home games. The UI Athletic Department will communicate directly with season ticket holders and single-game customers tomorrow on the specifics of this offer in addition to posting the specifics on hawkeyesports.com.
· The priority parking program used at home games of the UI men’s basketball team will be in effect tonight. However, there will be no charge for parking in the Finkbine Commuter parking lot or the parking lots north and west of Kinnick Stadium.
· Fans who choose to attend tonight’s game are invited to purchase hot dogs for $1 while supplies last. Fans can also enjoy complimentary fountain soft drinks during the first half of the game.
· Doors to Carver-Hawkeye Arena will open at 6 p.m.
Tonight’s game is the second of two “UI Students Free” games. UI students can pick up a free game ticket at the Iowa Memorial Union this afternoon or enter at the South Entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena tonight where they will be asked to present a current UI Student ID to receive free admission.
Category: Iowa Hawkeyes men's basketball