The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable museum will auction off five items to commemorate the 40-year anniversary of Dan Gable’s Olympic gold medal and to honor Dan Gable Day.
Gable won an Olympic title at the 1972 Munich Olympics at 149.5 pounds without surrendering a point. Dan Gable Day was celebrated at the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable on October 25, 2012. Gable was born in Waterloo, Iowa, on October 25, 2012.
Each item has special significance to Dan Gable’s wrestling career, according to a release.
Proceeds from the auctions will benefit the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable museum.
Auction items include:
- Limited edition Dan Gable singlet signed by Dan Gable
- Dan Gable wrestling collage
- 1972 Olympic Wrestling Teams poster
- Dan Gable ASICS Ultimate wrestling shoes signed by Dan Gable
- A.C. Slater, Iowa Wrestling T-Shirt